As we continue our cautious return to in-person participation in synagogue life, we are pleased to announce that weekday morning minyan will meet outdoors at Ohav each Wednesday in August, weather permitting, at 7 a.m.
Pre-registration for each service is required by the previous Monday. Please note that space will be limited, and please note the information and protocols listed below.
For those who are unable to participate in person, Wednesday morning minyan will also continue to take place on Zoom.
- The service will begin at 7:00 a.m. As the group is gathering, you may take a few minutes for a private recitation of Pesukei. The group service will begin with Yishtabach.
- Services will be held outdoors (on the sukkah slab) weather permitting. If the weather is inclement services for that day will be on Zoom only. Check ohavshalom.orgby 6AM to learn if outdoor service has been cancelled
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Please park in the rear of the building and head to the “check in”. You will be greeted by a safety monitor who will welcome those who have registered for check in and temperature check.
- Siddurim will be provided, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
- Please bring your own tallit, tefillin and kippah. If you need to borrow any of these, please contact Nancy earlier in the week to make arrangements.
- Chairs will be placed at appropriate intervals on the slab and will have names on them. There will be an empty seat next to yours on which to place store personal and religious items. If you are attending with others from your household, your seats will be together.
- For everyone’s safety, please remember to sing quietly
- Please keep in mind that there will be no access to the building, and no food will be served. Feel free to greet your fellow congregants but please do so at a safe and proper distance
- Anyone in a high-risk category (over age 65 and/or with a medical condition) needs to give serious consideration to their participation.
- Anyone who feels ill or has a fever above 100.2 may not register or attend minyan.
- Please notify the office if there has been any change in your travel history or health information
Registration/ Wednesday Minyan, by :
Mon. Aug. 3 for service on Wed. Aug. 5
Mon. Aug. 10 for services on Wed. Aug. 12
Mon. Aug. 17 for service on Wed. Aug. 19
Mon. Aug. 24 for service on Wed. Aug. 26
Ohav Shalom Morning Minyan Registration