RELIGIOUS LIFE AND PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Religious Life Coordination
- Work with the Rabbi to serve the diverse religious and spiritual needs of Ohav Shalom.
- Recruit leaders for the various rituals associated with Shabbat/ Yom Tov/ minor chagim (i.e., Torah readers, daveners, parnasim.) This will include helping to train new leaders and readers, as well as reviewing skills with more experienced leaders and readers.
- Work with the Rabbi and lay leaders to organize and expand holiday programming and worship services.
- Coordinate with B’nai Mitzvah families the many steps required to reach their milestones.
- Oversee the day-to-day ritual and religious details, in consultation with the Rabbi.
- Assist the Rabbi with coordinating his away coverage as needed.
- Assist with daily Minyan attendance and leadership.
- Coordinate with synagogue committees, youth leadership staff and Rabbi Ornstein to strengthen and expand educational, cultural, religious and social programming for the congregation.
- Work with various Jewish educational professionals and organizations to ensure ongoing quality of Jewish educational experiences for Synagogue families.
- Partner with the membership team, the board and Rabbi Ornstein to engage and retain potential and new members and to continually develop Ohav as a place of inclusion and diversity.
- Engage with Rabbi Ornstein and lay leadership to expand social justice, community service and Israel centered activities and programs.
Applicants to the Religious Life and Programming Coordinator position should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, Jewish communal service, general or Jewish education. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Extensive professional experience in Jewish schools, synagogues, and/or Jewish communal organizations, including work with families. (Please provide specific examples in your resume.)
- Strong familiarity (and ideally skill) with Jewish ritual in the home and the synagogue.
- A strong personal commitment to Jewish religious life and practice as understood by Conservative Judaism.
- Strong communication skills are necessary.
- Have a solid working knowledge of office systems and equipment (Microsoft office, google suite, other general desktop applications)
- Familiarity with ShulCloud a plus.
Schedule: Full Time
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Benefits: Health Ins. (single coverage)
Paid Time Off
All applicants must send resume and cover letter to RelLife_ProgCoord@ohavshalom.org